Subscribe Us

Joe Manganiello shows off his incredible muscles as he reveals his plan to take over as Schwarzenegger's heir


 He gained nearly 20lbs to ensure he was in the best physical shape of his life to start shooting new movie Sabotage alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger.

And now Joe Manganiello has shown off the results of his intensive workout regime in a stunning new shoot for Men's Health magazine.
The 36-year-old actor is seen showing off his muscular back, six pack stomach and bulging biceps while posing on a rock face for the publication.
Joe recalled: 'We had a photoshoot for the movie poster. I was wearing a sleeveless top, crossing my arms and flexing. 

 'Arnold came in and said, "I see you’re flexing your biceps. Don’t do that. Keep it loose and with crossed arms put the other hand back to push the muscle forward – you’ll get an extra three inches."'
When True Blood star Joe was cast in Sabotage alongside is A-List action legend hero Arnie, he knew he had to get into the best shape of his life for the role.
And speaking about his workout regime, Joe: 'My first season on True Blood was about cutting down my mass - getting more ripped.
'Then it was more about levelling out the physical symmetry. When making the film with Schwarzenegger, I went through a powerlifting phase - I put on 9kg, so my bodyweight was up to 113kg. Now, I want to be a great athlete. It’s about becoming stronger, fitter and faster.'
And talking about pushing himself for the part, Joe said: 'I’m not 18 anymore. But you won’t hear me saying that, because me at 36 would destroy me as a teenager.
'In my mid-thirties I’m making bigger gains than I’ve ever made in my life.'
The full interview with Joe Manganiello interview in the Men's Health July issue – on sale Monday 3 June. Also available as a digital edition.




Post a Comment

0 Comments

CLOSE ADS


CLOSE ADS